Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brittany makes Southwestern Omelets.



Then rundown:

Difficulty Moderately easy
Health-wise Light and full of protein
Time-wise 15 minutes

You may notice a common theme in my recipes. This is partly because my income does not allow me to be incredibly diverse with the ingredients in the kitchen, but mostly because there are certain healthy foods that I absolutely love. In this case, I absolutely love black beans. So much so that I have incorporated them into my breakfast.

2 egg whites
1 tbsp milk
1/4 c black beans
2 tbsp salsa
1/4 c mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper

1. Spray non-stick butter spay on a small pan and turn on medium heat.
2. Vigorously mix egg whites and milk; pour into pan.
3. Mix black beans, salsa, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat in the microwave.
4. When eggs begin to bubble, pour beans over half the eggs. Fold the other half over the beans.
5. Top with cheese and keep on med-low heat until melted.

No comments: