Friday, April 11, 2008

Brittany makes Shrimp Salad with Lime and Cilantro.



The rundown:

Difficulty Easy!
Health-wise Very healthy...as long as you don't douse it in Ranch as the Texans do
Time-wise 30-45 minutes

So lately I've developed a taste/craving for lime and cilantro. They compliment each other well and smell and taste so fresh! It's the perfect flavor for spring. I've got quite a bit of each left, so I'll have to experiment more with it. I'll keep you posted.

8 shrimp
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
2 small limes
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
lettuce (not iceberg...I use green leaf)
chopped walnuts

1. Cook onion, garlic, and cumin in the oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add shrimp. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes on each side.
3. Combine all ingredients with one thinly sliced lime in a foil pouch. Close pouch and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
4. Wash lettuce; toss with shrimp, cilantro, and juice from one lime (I left the onions, garlic, and baked limes in the pouch, but do what you will).
5. Add walnuts. I also sprinkled some parmesan cheese (told you I liked cheese) and a little Italian dressing on top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. I better start cooking if I'm going to keep up with you.