Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brittany makes Shrimp with Mango-Black Bean Salsa.



The rundown:

Difficulty Moderate
Health-wise Yes, healthy...just like the other shrimp/rice/veggie recipes...
Time-wise 45 minutes

Okay. Let me just preference this by saying that this recipe is my most favorite that I have posted so far. I really, really hope someone else makes it so that you can enjoy it as much as I did. It came about due to my love for mango, and that extra lime and cilantro in my refrigerator. And of course, my ever-present ingredients, shrimp and black beans. A little bit of searching and I find a recipe for mango-black bean salsa. I altered it just a bit and came up with this:

(per one serving)

8 shrimp (peeled and de-veined, of course)

Marinade:
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c fresh lime juice

Salsa:
1/2 c diced mango
1/4 c coked black beans
1 tbsp onion, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp brown sugar
pinch of salt

1. Combine marinade ingredients and mash together with a spoon. Add the shrimp and marinade for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
2. Toss together ingredients for salsa and chill.
3. Cook shrimp on a grill, under the broiler, or, like me, using the trusty George Foreman.
4. Serve with brown rice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this will be the next one I try. Sounds delicious.
Mom

Anonymous said...

brittany, make more stuff.