Friday, April 11, 2008

Brittany makes Better Than Sex Cake.



The rundown:

Difficulty So easy. But it sure doesn't look or taste like it was easy...those are the best.
Health-wise Seriously? I'm not going there.
Time-wise 1.5 hours
Rating PG-13

You may have heard of this cake before and if so, let this be a happy reminder. I made this cake for my roommate's birthday and the whole thing was gone by the end. No doubt, I had a lot to do with that in the fact that I ate a lot of it. But happily, I wasn't the only glutton. I'll post the original recipe, but I used crushed Oreo cookies instead of Heath Bars.

1 box devil's food cake mix
1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
3 (1.4 ounce) Heath Bars, crushed
1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream

1. Bake cake to package directions. Cook for five minutes. Make slits in cake, making sure not to cut through the bottom.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, combined sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour topping over the cake, then sprinkle the Heath Bars over the cake (leaving some bits to top the cake).
3. Once cake has completely cooled (a few minutes in the freezer will do the trick if you're in a rush), top with whipped cream. Decorate the cake with swirls of caramel topping and chocolate bits.
4. Make sure there are plenty of people around to help you eat it. All self control goes out the window with this one.

No comments: